To report suspected adult abuse, neglect or exploitation,
call your local department of social services or the 24-hour,
toll-free Adult Protective Services hotline at: (888) 832-3858
VCPEA is pleased to announce the availability of forty (40) scholarships, also beginning February 1, 2020. The VCPEA conference scholarship is open to professionals in a variety of occupations who provide services to older adults and are interested in increasing their awareness of the issues of adult abuse, neglect or exploitation.
Professions include (but are not limited to):
- Adult Protective Services Workers
- Area Agency on Aging Staff
- Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault Program Staff
- Fire and Rescue Services Personnel
- Law Enforcement Officers
- Long-Term Care Providers
- Medical Professionals
- Mental Health Professionals
- Social Workers
- Victim Witness Advocates
Scholarship recipients will receive:
- Free registration to the 2020 VCPEA conference
- $266.88 to cover the cost of 2 nights lodging at host hotel, to be paid at the conclusion of the conference
Conference scholarships will be open to:
- Virginia residents working in professions that serve older adults;
- Preference will be given to those in one (or more) of the following categories: (1) first-time attendees, (2) those working in rural areas of the state, and (3) those who can attest to a financial hardship.
YOU WILL HAVE THE ENTIRE MONTH OF FEBRUARY TO APPLY, MEANING APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ON OR BEFORE FEB 29, 2020, 11:59PM (EST). Please note that you will be notified about your application status on or before MARCH 15, 2020. NOTE that applicants should not register for the conference. Those who do not receive a scholarship award will be offered a code to register at the early bird price of $300.
Click here for the Scholarship Application.